This question is usually answered with a fast “Yes” or “No,” or a long period of hard thinking about “Am I” or “Am I not?”
Either way, there is an important point missed:
- If answered real fast without thinking or feeling – no matter if it is a yes or no – your commitment to choosing, practicing, and being happiness is very loose. The point here, is that you are missing out.
- If you are thinking hard and long about your answer, you create loads of expectations about how happiness has to BE—and if your happiness does not match those expectations, you create resistance: A state that is far from being happy.
Let me explain…
If I would ask you “Are you a physical body?” You would automatically and consciously become aware of – and feel – your physical body. You would laugh and say, “Of course, can’t you see?” That is because there is no doubt in your belief that you ARE a physical body – besides being a mind, soul, and consciousness – experiencing your physical life through this body.
You would never get up in the morning and search for your physical body. You would never think “Am I or am I not a body?” because you know and believe that as long as you are experiencing this physical life, you and your body are one and the same. You ARE a body.
That is the same with happiness…
You ARE happiness and happiness IS you! You two are never separate—but always ONE.
Happiness is not something you do, think, or search for—it is something that you already ARE and can feel and experience. Happiness is present in every cell of yours – and in every cell of the universe and beyond – and is always with you and in you. It is given to you – just like your physical body – as a part of the package deal for you to experience this physical life right now.
All you have to do…
Is start believing that you ARE happiness – the same way you believe that you are a physical body – and then make it your normal way of being.
- Believe that you ARE happiness!
- Commit to being happiness!
- Choose to feel happy anew and anew!
- Practice happiness again and again!
- Then BE and live it—just like you ARE and live your physical body!
The result, is that reaching the state of being happy loses any pressure or resistance there is. The search for happiness – especially when searched for on the outside – can end. The stress to reach happiness is non-existent.
Everyone can simply just BE what they already are. Happiness.
So, I want to ask you, “Are you happy?”
I bet your answer will be very different.
That IS happiness! The value of this article is in support of my best-selling book 365 Days of Happiness. Available on amazon and FreakyHealer
This article is in print in the Edge Magazine